Explore Volos with a local! History food tour!
Through the city’s urban landscape we will learn historical and cultural details of Volos, it’s recent past like the city’s connection with painter De Chirico, the industrial past and how Volos was once the second largest port of Greece. What happened in 1955 that changed completely the city and which is the link with Asia Minor, a bond that has defined modern Volos and it’s gastronomic identity.
Finally we will have a stop to taste “tsipouro” the local drink and learn the secret rules on how to order it like a true local!
When is it?
Check the dates!
Greek language and culture full immersion courses in Greece! 😀
I’m really excited to announce the new dates for the Greek language retreats here in Pelio, Greece for 2023! Ναααααι!
Get ready! 😀
All year around I’m available for walking tours and language courses, mainly in Volos. Send me a message with the dates that fit you best and let’s create your course!
- A welcoming dinner on the day of the arrival, Sunday, at a traditional Greek taverna. Lets meet up and chat!
- 10 hours of Greek language lessons (2,5 hours morning lessons with a 10min break) from Monday till Thursday with a certified Greek language tutor, native in Greek. After the lesson you have the opportunity, both to practice with native speakers, in real life situations what you have learned in class and lots of free time to enjoy yourself with your family and friends. After all, you are on holidays, right?
- All the material for the lessons.
- A guided tour. Get to know a Greek mainland city. Learn historical and cultural details of the life through its urban landscape and not only. The history of Volos is rich and starts from prehistoric times and continues through Mycenaean, classical as well as ottoman and modern. Volos is also at the centre of the myth of the Argonaut expedition. It was from here that the ship Argo set off with Jason and the Argonauts for Colchis in the Black Sea to claim the Golden Fleece.
- A walk in nature in mountain Peilio, the perfect way one can take in the magic of the mountain’s atmosphere and explore hidden gems of unique beauty. Don’t forget that this is the mountain that was chosen by the Gods of Olympus as their summer residence as well as the home of the mythical creatures, the Centaurs.
Depending on your stamina and taste, we can choose the hike route that fits you best.
- All secret language learning tips and tricks plus the motivation and inspiration you need to take your study to the next level once you are back home! Get access to a material based on my 15 years of experience in language teaching.
- 2 extra tavern meals with your teacher. Taste Greek food and have a chance to practice your conversation skills
- A wine tasting experience of greek wines and spirits at a local winery!
- Cooking with languages! A cooking lesson, on the last day of the retreat, preparing a traditional Greek recipe, and using the language, communicating with the fellow students-chefs, having fun, and sharing a fantastic home made meal together and exchanging experiences.
- Transportation to and back from the retreat to Volos plus transportation with the group to all activities every day during the retreat.
- One more week of the morning language lessons to take your Greek to the next level!
- Greek cinema night
- Two Greek dance lessons.
- A walk visiting south Pelio.
- Two options (depending on the weather) An all day boat trip! Swimming, snorkeling, music, including food and drinks
- an excursion to Meteora, a vast complex of giant rock pillars with monasteries made on the picks of the cliffs that creates a truly breathtaking and surreal landscape unique in the world. It’s is an Unesco World Heritage site since 1989 and an official holy place for Greece since 1995.
How big is the group?
How do I book?
Ready to be a Greek for a week? Send me a message with the dates you would like and I’ll get in touch to discuss the details.