“Be a Greek for 2 weeks” is a 12-day full language immersion retreat in Paros, Greece. Get one more week of Greek lessons as well as more activities, workshops and seminars. Speak, cook, hike, dance, sing and taste! Dive into the Greek language and culture, and surround yourself by the beauty of Paros island!
When is it?
Check the dates!
1 week •21-28/4 Orthodox Easter
1 week •05/5 – 10/5
1 week •19/5 – 24/5
2 weeks •05/5 -17/5
2 weeks •19/5 – 31/5
1 Week •2/6 – 7/6
1 Week •16/6 – 21/6
2 Weeks •2/6 – 14/6
2 Weeks •16/6 – 28/6
1 Week •30/6 – 5/7
1 Week •14/7 – 19/7
1 Week •28/7 – 02/8
2 Weeks •30/6 – 12/7
2 Weeks •14/7 – 26/7
1 Week •1/9 – 6/9
1 Week •15/9 – 20/9
2 Weeks •1/9 – 13/9
2 Weeks •15/9 – 27/9
1 Week •29/9 – 4/10
1 Week •13/10 – 18/10
1 Week •27/10 – 1/11
2 Weeks •29/9-11/10
2 Weeks •13/10-25/10
- A Welcoming dinner on the day of the arrival, Sunday, at a traditional Greek taverna. Lets meet up and chat!
- Two hour morning lessons (with a 10min break) from Monday till Friday with a certified Greek language tutor, native in Greek. After the lesson you have the opportunity, both to practice with native speakers, in real life situations what you have learned in class and lots of free time to enjoy yourself with your family and friends. After all, you are on holidays in Paros, right?
- All the material for the lessons
- Coffee or tea during breaks (biscuits included!)
- A guided tour of the capital city of Paros, Paroikia. Experience the urban landscape of Paros. Ancient, Byzantine and modern history and architecture of Paroikia, the biggest capital of the Cyclades.
- A walk through the countryside down the old Byzantine Road and a visit at the museum of folklore of Lefkes.
- 2 Traditional Greek dance lessons focusing of course on the local Parian dances!
- Cooking with languages! A cooking lesson, the last day of the retreat, preparing a traditional Greek recipe, and using the language, communicating with the fellow students-chefs, having fun, and sharing a fantastic home made meal
- surprise send-off gifts
- And many many smiles!
- One more week of the morning language lessons to take your Greek to the next level!
- A walk at the Environmental Park of Paros, a unique ecological sanctuary in the Cyclades plus a visit to the historic exhibition at the renovated monk cells of Ai Yiannis Detis monastery.
- “Sing your Greek heart out” a singing workshop where we practice pronunciation, intonation, learn new vocabulary while we sing Greek songs.
- An all day boat trip to the nearby island of Antiparos! Swimming, snorkeling, music, including food and drinks!
- A farewell meze aperitivo on the last day of the retreat!
How big is the group?
How do I book?
Ready to be a Greek for a week? Send me a message with the dates you would like and I’ll get in touch to discuss the details.